In Bangladesh there are different organizations such as Bangladesh Association for Software and Information Services (BASIS), Bangladesh Computer Samity (BCS) and Bangladesh Chapter of Internet Society.
All of these mentioned organizations mainly their focused interest. For example BASIS deals with software products, BCS deals with hardware vendors and resellers and Bangladesh chapter of Internet society deal with professionals.
In the SAARC region, only Pakistan used to have a chapter of AIS, which does not overlap with us. Bangladesh Association for Information Systems (AISBD) will be the only organization that includes four different but important groups: academics, students, retired and professionals to address the Information Systems issues in Bangladesh form a holistic perspective. AISBD fills the gap of holistic needs by incorporating the views of the four mentioned groups.
The Bangladesh Association for Information Systems AISBD is a Chapter of the Association for Information Systems (AIS) serving Bangladesh. The purpose of the Chapter is to promote the exchange of ideas, experiences, and knowledge among scholars and professionals in Bangladesh engaged in the development, management, and use of information systems and technology.
The decision was made to form the Bangladesh Association for Information Systems (AISBD) in November 2012. The founding committee was as follows.
| President |
Dr. Md. Mahfuz Ashraf
|Department of MIS, University of Dhakafirstname.lastname@example.org|
Mohammad Anisur Rahman
|Department of MIS, University of Dhakaemail@example.com|
Md. Rakibul Hoque
|Department of MIS, University of Dhakafirstname.lastname@example.org|
Md. Abul Kashem
|Department of MIS, University of Dhakaemail@example.com|
|Department of MIS, University of Dhakafirstname.lastname@example.org|
Md. Shahidul Islam Fakir
|Events||Rabeya Rahman||Jagannath Universityemail@example.com|
Md. Ariful Islam
The various activities of the Chapter are to promote the exchange of professional communications among scholars and professionals responsible for education, design, implementation, and management of information systems in both private and public organizations. The activities of the Chapter include:
- Providing a locally-focused forum for those concerned with all aspects of information systems;
- Providing an opportunity for the exchange of ideas concerning the management of information systems with member counterparts;
- Conducting locally and internationally focused programs and conferences for the benefit of members;
- Providing a means for critical examination of the problems and opportunities associated with information systems in the designated country of the chapter’sdefined community.
- Developing a platform for both the private and public entities to seek help in their information systems related query and problems.
All chapter activities must be in concert with the Constitution and Bylaws of AIS. The Executive Board of the Chapter may propose additional activities.